*The information listed below is only for current Tri-University students
This page provides the information needed to register in University of Waterloo, University of Guelph and Wilfrid Laurier University courses offered in the Tri-University Graduate Program in History. Because WLU needs to register for both terms in the Spring, students were asked to preregister for their WLU courses for both Fall and Winter terms.
To register you need to log in to the Tri-University Course Selection Site: http://www.prereg-triuhistory.com/login.aspx
None of the History MA courses at the University of Waterloo, the University of Guelph or Wilfrid Laurier University are open to self-registration other than through the Tri-University registration program. To determine the dates of the registration, please contact the graduate administrative assistant in your department by phone or email.
Because of university regulations, no course taken at a university other than your home university will appear on your official transcript until you fill out an Ontario Visiting Graduate Student (OVGS) form. You must fill out these forms and have them signed by the first week of class. Once the forms have been submitted to the graduate administrative assistant in your home department, you will be officially registered in the courses you are taking at one of the other two Tri-University campuses. The registration process temporarily reserves you a space in a class, but you will not be formally registered and the class will not appear on the official class list until your OVGS form is completed. OVGS forms are available in your department and on-line from the Graduate Studies office at your university.
When registering, please pay attention to prerequisites. All prerequisites are listed in the individual course descriptions on the registration website. If you register for a course without enrolling in its prerequisite, you will be dropped from that course. No student may enroll in the “thesis” without permission of the graduate officer in your home department. Any student enrolling in the “thesis” course without prior approval will be dropped from that course.
Students should enroll in the number of courses each term appropriate to their stream of study and the speed with which they want to complete their degree. For more information, you should read the MA program handbook available on the Tri-University Program website or consult your university Graduate Program Calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact me or one of the graduate officers/administrators in your home department. All our contact information is available on the Tri-University website ( www.triuhistory.ca ).
Instructions on Using the Tri-University Graduate Program in History Registration System
To register for your courses:
1. Go to: http://www.prereg-triuhistory.com/login.aspx during the registration period (to determine the registration window please contact the graduate administrative assistant in your department by phone or email).
2. Log in using the Email and Password that was provided to you.
3. Select or delete yourself from classes.
4. Confirm your selection.
5. Go to “Your courses,” print a copy of your selection and keep it for your records.
6. Revisit the site as often as you like during the registration window and make any changes you deem necessary.
7. Please do not change your assigned email or password. If you have to change an email or password login, notify the graduate administrative assistant in your home department and notify her of the change so that we can continue to access your file.